Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 4th, 2018 07:00

Dell Command Update | Out of date BIOS

Hi guys,

I'm trying to patch a bunch of XPS13 9350 devices, got the script up and running fine - but it'll only patch to BIOS 1.5.1.

If I want to patch to the current BIOS version, 1.6.1 - I need to grab this from the Dell Website.

Am I doing something dumb? Or is COmmand Update not seeing the latest BIOS version, so can't grab it?

Many thanks,

Andy

16 Posts

January 4th, 2018 08:00

I've noticed the same thing for the ~20 different Dell Models we have deployed. Dell will first release a BIOS update on their site for manual downloads and then it feels like it finally starts to make its way to being available in Dell Command Update about a month later. I would love some clarification from Dell on this though. Would be nice if they made it available both places, at the same time.

January 4th, 2018 10:00

Aye, however with the fixes made in 1.6.1, I dont think we have the luxury of waiting a few months. 

I reached out on Twitter, and Dell Pro Care said the following:

"Hi Andy, I would expect it to update to 1.61 very soon. Hopefully within the next few days. ^AD"

So, fingers crossed this is the case. 

January 5th, 2018 02:00

Further update:

"As informed by my colleague they are already working on it and soon they will have the update. Sorry for the inconvenience,^PC"

We'll just await the rollout :)

No Events found!