Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2011 07:00

Dell E6410 keyboard and mouse randomly not working

Hello,

We are having trouble with new Dell E6410 laptops and the keyboard and mouse randomly not working. We use a Ghost + Sysprep solution and it has worked just fine for us. After struggling with the problem I decided to build the laptop from scratch using a Dell XP SP2 disc. Everything appeared fine until the user came back with the same issue. I found the thread below where someone mentions the issue and it relating to an incorrect HAL.

http://www.delltechcenter.com/thread/3938139/SCCM+2007+XP-SP3+OSD+for+new+6510+and+6410+problems...?offset=40&maxResults=20

The HAL the laptop images have are the ACPI Multiprocessor PC. As far as I know that is the most current and up to date HAL for XP. If anyone has an idea on what to do next I would appreciate the help/advice. Thanks!

1.1K Posts

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Are your ghost images built to support a single model or multiple? It doesn't appear that the Hal.dll is the issue, but if you are adding drivers to your Ghost image for multiple systems, you may have drivers that are conflicting.

2 Posts

June 20th, 2011 10:00

"Are your ghost images built to support a single model or multiple? It doesn't appear that the Hal.dll is the issue, but if you are adding drivers to your Ghost image for multiple systems, you may have drivers that are conflicting."
Images are built to support single models. That does not seem to be the issue as I did a clean install from a Dell XP SP2 disc and the same issues occur. Another problem that has occured is that XP reports that Networking is not installed or is not properly configured and you can no longer get to anything on the domain. This happens randomly and occasionally after a restart everything will appear fine and you can connect to the VPN and get to network locations.
No Events found!