Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2013 15:00

Inspiron 1720 VGA port not working

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help with the possible cause why my inspiron 1525 and 1720 both would not give a output on the VGA port. Both worked and then just stopped. The S-video port on both are working fine.

The flat screen monitor is fine as it works on other laptops and desktops.

I took the one laptop in for checking and got told the port is out of order and can only be repaired with high cost. 

When I loaded Win 7 on the one the VGA port is now working normally as before. Why would the ports not work with XP prof?

Regards.

1.3K Posts

June 18th, 2013 16:00

Hi x-dell-fan,

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes to the computer? Please install the latest chipset and video drivers. Also update the Latest BIOS from the Dell site mentioned below.

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

(Key in the system service tag and the appropriate operating system to download the drivers)

3 Posts

June 18th, 2013 17:00

I have made no changes. I unplugged the 2nd monitor in the one room and when I plugged it in in the other room it stopped working. It has never worked since and it is not working for 1 year.

The same with the Inspiron 1525 - it was working the one moment and then stopped. The 1525 was loaded with Win 7 and now the VGA works fine.

I will try the latest BIOS drivers but otherwise I have been using the drivers I got when I bought it.

No Events found!