Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2011 09:00

OpenManage Inventory Agent 1.4.1

We have just setup SCUP and imported the Dell Catalog. The first thing we deployed was the Inventory Agent. After a day or so I checked on the status of the inventory agent deployment and I noticed it wasn't deploying to a large number of computers. After check some reports I realized it wasn't deploying because it said the inventory agent wasn't needed. After checking the documentation I noticed that a majority of the computers I have, Optiplex 740, are not supported by the inventory agent, and actually anything more than a couple of years old isn't supported. Is this correct? I got the list from: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/w/wiki/dell-updates-catalog-supported-models.aspx

If this is the case what can we do to support older hardware or are we just out of luck?

Thanks,

January 3rd, 2012 07:00

bump

1.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Yes, the catalog for SCUP was started with the release of the first E Series (about 3 years ago) and is not backwards compatible. You can use a custom SCUP update for older systems, or standard software distribution to update them.

No Events found!