Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2011 14:00

OptiPlex 390 Mass Storage Driver

I downloaded and imported driver pack for the Opti 390 into SCCM. When adding the task sequence step to apply the 390 driver pack I get a blank drop down under the driver. Is there something wrong with the driver pack? Does the 390 not use SATA?

1.1K Posts

September 28th, 2011 14:00

Check your driver package to make sure it has drivers listed. The 390 should have a SATA mass storage driver.

September 28th, 2011 15:00

Looking at the Manifest.xml that comes with the driver pack I see no reference to SATA mass storage driver. I also see no unique download on the 390 Drivers & Downloads page for a SATA mass storage driver. If somebody know what the driver should be I can add it to the driver package from another system such as the 990 that I already have imported.

1.1K Posts

September 28th, 2011 16:00

The 390 uses the Intel H61 Chipset which uses SATA ports. I'm not sure why we don't have a separate driver for it. Will it install without a specified mass storage driver?

September 28th, 2011 19:00

I downloaded the PE environment driver pack. That driver pack has storage drivers contained in it. I will testing tomorrow. I've never tried to build a system with XP without a Mass Storage driver specified.

35 Posts

October 7th, 2011 01:00

Hi AmerenSteveS, I was wondering if you had more info on the Optiplex 390 with XP. I'm trying to install it through SCCM too be I'm stuck at first reboot. I get a BSOD with an error 7B which indicates the storage controller is not installed.
I saw that you need the cougaride.inf which is part of the chipset folder if you downloaded the xp cab files on dell's website. But I already tried it and it didn't give me satisfaction. I just add the nic to my bootpackage (winpe) because there's no sata driver and the install launches, drivers are installing, client is installed but after this it restarts to boot up the fresh OS and fails with a BSOD
No Events found!