Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2010 11:00

SCCM and Dell E5510

I have tried now for the better part of a week to create a working OSD image on a Dell E5510 with SCCM OSD. Downloaded and applied the correct driver CAB and followed the XP tutorial in here, but every time when booting up for the first time, XP bluescreens with the hex error that it failed to apply the mass storage driver. I selected the correct driver (Series 5/3400 AHCI SATA), but the image still doesn't recognize the driver. The image itself is from a sysprep'ed image that has been captured via the SCCM iso. I have tried with both BIOS setting for SATA (ATA and ACHI), but neither works, yet I am install a bare-metal XP SP3 in ATA mode without any issues. Please help!

1.1K Posts

December 14th, 2010 08:00

You should be choosing the driver with "ICH9M-E" in the description for an E series notebook. Here's the XP mass storage reference page on Dell TechCenter.

http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Operating+System+Deployment+-+XP+Mass+Storage+Driver+Reference

2 Posts

December 14th, 2010 13:00

I tried that driver (ICH9M-E) in the beginning and it didn't work. I followed the XP OSD walkthrough on this site and it didn't work and almost every combination in between. After a few unsuccessful days and about 10 images later, I installed an XP copy to verify the driver and the SATA driver showed up as (Series 5/3400 SATA), which is also in the E5510 driver pack.

1.1K Posts

December 14th, 2010 23:00

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't heard that the ICH9M-E didn't work with the E5510 on XP. I'll try to get verification on what driver works with XP. ATA is working for you since ATA support is included in XP.

1.1K Posts

December 15th, 2010 16:00

Ive confirmed that you need the "Intel 5 Series 4 Port SATA ACHI Controller" for the E5510. I'll update the XP Mass Storage Reference page to reflect this.

Thanks,

Warren
No Events found!