Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2011 09:00

UAC error with 375 BlueTooth Drives on Win 7 x64 (E6420/E6320)

Was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. I've tried importing the bluetooth drivers into the SCCM driver cache as well as installing the Dell 375 A04 (MUP) driver software as a software package but it all ends in the same issue. When logging on as a normal user, you will get a error prompt saying that GPO has blocked newdev.exe to run. Logging in with an administrative account, you get a UAC prompt asking you to allow a driver to install. If you hit yes, it says the Bluetooth 375 module is installed. However, device manager has the same number of devices before or after if you check.

This has not been an issue with any of the other Dell Bluetooth packages (365 (E4300), 370 (E6400) and 375 (E6410/E4310) ). This appears to be something new with the Dell Bluetooth software for the E6420/E6320. Anyone else have this issue and if so have you found a resolution? Thank you.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2015 18:00

Never had an issue with the Dell Bluetooth 360 module on a Latitude D630.  Now two E6510's and an E6520 all with 375 module are chronic pains.  All have worked, but will not stay working.

1. One thing found was that after running registry cleaners the 64 active x files used by Bluetooth Stack were cleaned out, reinstalling R254288 seemed to fix this.  - Now it does not.

2. The two E6510's are refurbees.  Added the 375 module later.  Both worked - for a while, now do not.

3. Device manager shows them all "working perfectly"  but three different Bluetooth mice are "successfully added" but do not complete the pairing process (same mice that worked before.)

4.  Bluetooth headset still works on one E6510, but will not work on the second.

5.  All BT items seemed to just die one at a time over a couple of weeks.  I'm guessing I have disabled something, deleted a driver, installed a wrong driver or hold my mouth wrong during pairing.

AT A LOSS on this one and troubleshooting is what I supposed to be good at.

Help if you can.  I'll try the  older drivers suggested above and let you know.

No Events found!