Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2012 11:00

Windows 7 Combo CAB download is actually a zip file

So I'm trying to download the Windows 7 Combo CAB's for both desktops and notebooks for importing into SCCM.  However both of these downloads are actually Zip files instead of the CAB files the website indicates they should be.  I've tried to convert them to a CAB file but it fails the import.  Is there another download location/link with Win7 CAB files, not zip?  The Dell extension for SCCM will only recognize CAB files for importing driver packages.

Thanks

April 5th, 2012 11:00

Hi Heath,

It really doesn't matter since you should be extracting the contents out anyways and only importing what you need.  Each CAB file contains both the x86 and x64 version of the operating system.  If you are importing these, you'll likely want to take advantage of the Category feature of SCCM and import drivers by OS, Architecture and Driver Type instead of just doing everything at once (which you can still do by extracting the contents to a folder.

I hope this makes sense.  The .CAB extension is irrelevant when it comes to actually importing the drivers since they should be extracted anyways.

-Dustin

1.1K Posts

April 5th, 2012 15:00

The Combo CAB isn't compatible with DCDP or DCIP (Dell plugins for ConfigMgr).  You will need to use the native driver functions to import or create a driver package from the Combo CAB.

No Events found!