Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2011 21:00

Windows 7 - Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

I am developing a SCCM (with MDT 2010 Update 1 integration) OSD Task Sequence for a client using Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise x86. I've downloaded the latest CAB files for both Desktop and Notebook Dell's and imported them into SCCM. My process is fairly standard for the "Apply Driver Package" Task Sequence step, with a WMI query distinguishing between Dell desktops and laptops.
Now I've only been able to get a Latitude E6420 at the moment to test, but even though the process goes through without error, each time the graphics is showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". I am unable to point to the source files and update the driver to anything else - it just reports that it is the latest driver.
The only way I can get the correct driver to install is to manually point directly to the required INF file - but this isn't really acceptable. Having the driver installed unattended is the desired outcome.

3 Posts

June 27th, 2011 22:00

OK - so I looked back at the CAB download page and saw that there is an NVIDIA driver issue for this model specifically. Is this the issue that is causing this?

1.1K Posts

June 29th, 2011 15:00

"OK - so I looked back at the CAB download page and saw that there is an NVIDIA driver issue for this model specifically. Is this the issue that is causing this?"
Yes this is the same issue. It is being worked by Nvidia, but there is no ETA yet for a new driver.

1.1K Posts

August 29th, 2011 23:00

3 Posts

August 30th, 2011 16:00

Appreciate the update Warren! Thanks.

1 Message

February 24th, 2014 08:00

my computer dell inspiron n 4050 standerd VGAadaptor not working code 38 what can ido tell me solution.........

1 Message

August 23rd, 2014 13:00

I have a Dell XPS8300 desktop and I have tried EVERYTHING to update my graphics driver.  It just keeps saying Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.  I reformatted the drive 2 days ago and did a fresh reinstall of Windows, but before that, the computer recognized my TV screen (not monitor) and I had no problems.  Now I have a software that won't load correctly and keeps saying:  Can't initialize hardware accelerator:  Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (vga.dll : 6.1.7600.16385)  Either the appropriate video card driver was not installed, or your system was booted in Safe Mode (which it was NOT). 

How do I fix this?  I have my original disks with the computer....but none of the drivers from the disk seem to work.

No Events found!