Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2016 08:00

iaStorA.sys error after applying WIM and driver package

We recently updated our SCCM (2012 R2) boot image with WinPE5.x (A06) and started getting the following error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (iaStorA.sys) on the E6440, E6430 and E6420 models.  The E6440 driver package is using the latest version from the Dell site and most units will encounter this error after the image apply phase in OSD when the laptop attempts to boot into Windows for the first time.  On most units we can reboot the PC and it will continue the Task Sequence steps.  We even tried updating the E6440 driver package with the latest Intel Storage controller driver to match what is in WinPE but the same error occurs.  I have not been able to locate a windows setup log (setupact.log or setuperr.log) that details what issue was encountered.  So far those logs don't have a specific error regarding the storage controller.

The deployments were working fine with WinPE5.x A03 just fine but we updated to A06 to accommodate the latest models.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

10 Posts

February 18th, 2016 06:00

What OS are you using on the clients? 8.1?

Might want to try adding model specific driver cabs in. I've had and have similar problems! So far I'm thinking that perhaps too many drivers spoil the broth!

4 Posts

April 12th, 2016 13:00

We are deploying Win7 and 8.1 with SCCM 2012.  We added the PE driver CAB from Dell but we trimmed those drivers down and it seems to have helped.  The issue has not gone away completely but we have since transitioned to other models which do not have the issue. 

No Events found!