Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2012 07:00

unable to find mxml1.dll

I've created an executable with Dell CCTK to modify the bios.

This executable works fine on the machine on which I created the executable.

However if I run the executable on another machine with the exact same specifications, it gives an error: cannot find mxml1.dll.

Anybody an idea how to solve this?

October 30th, 2012 10:00

Thanks a lot for reporting.

Some minor bug in previous version of BIOS caused the issue in CCTK and OMCI.

6 Posts

October 24th, 2012 13:00

I am having the same (but slightly different) issue...  I also created an executable out of the CCTK to modify the bios on our laptops.  I found that I am able to successfully run it locally on any PC - after I changed the compatibility of the application to 'Always Run As Administrator'.  However - when I try to push it out using the KACE 1000 tool - I get the exact same error on the PC I am pushing it out to: 'The program cannot start because MXML1.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'.  Seems like maybe a needed dll is not being carred over to the created executable from CCTK?  Anyone have any ideas?  I need to push this out to about 400 laptops....

October 25th, 2012 01:00

Can you please let us know which operating system you are trying to run executable ?

Does the user account that is being used while running the process have administrator rights ?

6 Posts

October 25th, 2012 03:00

Windows 7 Ultimate, and user domain account is in Administrators group on local PC.  If I copy the executable with a flash drive to the PC in question and run it - it makes the changes to the BIOS without errors...

October 25th, 2012 04:00

If the OS of the System where the issue is seen is 64 bit, it is a known issue in CCTK 2.1.

This issue has been fixed in the upcoming version of CCTK 2.1.1.

The CCTK 2.1.1 is planned to be released 26th together with Win 8 GA.

Please use the new version once it is available.

If not, can you please provide the log.

6 Posts

October 25th, 2012 05:00

It is 64 bit - thank you for this information.  I will download the 2.1.1 version tomorrow and test it - and advise the results here....  Many thanks!

6 Posts

October 25th, 2012 08:00

I've been beating my head on this for a week trying to figure out what I was doing wrong!   ;-)  I'll update tomorrow...

5 Posts

October 25th, 2012 08:00

aha, that makes sense

Hopefully its solved tomorrow!

6 Posts

October 26th, 2012 06:00

So far the only update on the Dell site that refers to v 2.1.1 is for RHEL 64 bit - nothing for Windows platform?

1.1K Posts

October 26th, 2012 12:00

8 Posts

October 29th, 2012 11:00

I had the same issue with 2.0.1 on Win7 x64 (Optiplex 960) but at least cctk worked. After upgrading to 2.1.1, it seems to install ok but when I run cctk, my OS freezes and needs a hard reboot!

Happens every time so wasn't a one-off. Exactly the same thing happens 'during' installation of the Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation by the way, OS freeze and needs a hard reboot.

Tried on 2 Optiplex 960s which are working perfectly other than this and the same for both.

Any ideas what's going on?

October 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi LiamSinton,

A similar issue was reported on Optiplex 980 by another customer.

This got fixed after upgrading to the latest BIOS.

Can you please upgrade the BIOS and try out ?

Also please let us know the version of BIOS being used ?

8 Posts

October 30th, 2012 03:00

Hey

I'm on A14 at the minute although A17 is available on the Dell website so I'll upgrade amd test.

I'm also going to test running 2.1.1 on a VM and see what the results are....

I'll update again soon.

8 Posts

October 30th, 2012 04:00

Ok, tested running and creating a cctk config on a VMware Win7 x64 VM which is working fine.

I am reluctanct to test any further with my own machine as I can do without another hard reboot but I will do coz it might help others.

I'll update again once I've updated to A17 and tested again.

8 Posts

October 30th, 2012 10:00

Upgraded BIOS to A17 on Optiplex 960 and cctk now runs as expected, Shrinidhikatte you were right.

I guess the outdated BIOS (not by much by the way) is what was also causing the issues with the OMCI client too?

Do you have any explanation as to what caused the problems?

No Events found!