Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2017 09:00

Alternatives for EMC Mitrend

Hi what alternatives are good for Mitrend? I use a lot for work and i don´t have problem to pay, but 250 dollars per month is a lot. Anyone know what can be useful? I need to to do reports for VMware, Veeam Backup and Storage (VNX, VNXe, DataDomain, Unity, etc) and Mitrend was perfect. I appreciated any help, thanks!!!

24 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 11:00

Hi there, I am looking for similar information on this topic, is there a mitrend replacement?

I don't see anything similar on LiveOptics.

I will be working on an Oracle/AWR analysis, and that was previously done via mitrends.

Any information or pointers to other tools would be helpful.

Thanks.

24 Posts

January 8th, 2018 15:00

Hello, anybody out there...

I am still trying to get clarity...if we have lost the Mitrends/EMC toolset, then is LiveOptics supposed to replace it for analysis?  Previously used that tool for numerous h/w and s/w configuration/performance analyses as the first posted noted.

If so, I see that there are "futures" listed, but those are from August 2017, and I don't see any information on those "new features"

33 Posts

January 24th, 2018 14:00

I need to know how we analyze nar files now that MiTrend has gone away.

Is LiveOptics the solution? When I go to the WebSite, it only asks if I am a Dell Employee.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2019 20:00

Its not quite as easy to use but you could try the EMC Monitoring and Reporting tool, comes in an .OVF file to deploy the appliance in vSphere The notes blurb off the appliance below.... VNX Family Monitoring and Reporting is a software solution that extends Unisphere® element manager capabilities by providing unified performance and capacity trending information of VNX and Next-Generation VNXe storage systems. This solution complements Unisphere® health alerts and Analyzer. VNX Family Monitoring and Reporting automatically collects Block, File, and VNXe storage statistics. It also collects configuration data and stores it in a database that can be viewed through dashboards and reports. This solution can retrieve information from one or several VNX, Next-Generation VNXe, CLARiiON®, and Celerra® storage systems qualified for support.
No Events found!