Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2011 07:00

Just inherited a CX-320

I have no Idea how this thing works, been looking all over for a quick start manual, and a full manual. 

This thing has 10TB total, 5 FC and 5 ISCSI.  I don't even know how to access it to get it on my network to configure it. 

If anyone knows where the manuals, software for this thing is, please let me know.

Crash5050

2.1K Posts

December 11th, 2011 16:00

I guess the first question would be around the support status of the array. Is it supported by EMC (maintenance paid up and a valid contract)? If so then you should be able to get everything you need off Powerlink (powerlink.emc.com). If not there are lots of docs available "out there" on the internet. Assuming that you can get to the docs on Powerlink you will see that there are many threads in the CLARiiON specific section of the Support Forums on what documentation to start with beyond the basic manuals. On the Powerlink Support by Product pages you can find easy access to the most popular of these documents.The next question to help point you in the right direction would be.... Do you have any SAN storage experience to build on? If so, is it FC or iSCSI or both (and maybe more)? What platforms are you familiar with (if any). That way folks who had similar experiences on where they came from can give you the best advice on readjusting to the new concepts involved with CLARiiON management.I know I'm not giving you much to work with yet, but the more info you can provide now the easier it will be to get you going the right direction quickly :-)Oh, and while I'm at it... welcome to the family!

2 Posts

December 12th, 2011 12:00

Well, the array is no longer under a support contract.  It was cheaper to purchase 2 new Fas 2040's 10TB each than it was to buy the support contract on the one 10 TB San.  Yes, I do have quite a bit of both ISCSI and FCP experience to build on, I can use Unix, and Windows.  I just kinda wanted to save the exchange database that was out there before I blew the thing away.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

December 12th, 2011 13:00

if you are familiar with other storage arrays, this would be very easy for you. Check out this website for tons of documentation

https://support.emc.com/products/CLARiiONCX3

No Events found!