Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2003 08:00

Question checkbox defaulted

On a new post, it would be nice if the "Mark this topic as a question" is checked by default. I've made the mistake of not doing that on all of my posts (except this one) so far and I noticed that many others have as well.

217 Posts

July 30th, 2003 11:00

This is a good suggestion; however, this may cause the problem the other way (Postings being mismarked as questions). We are going to discuss the best way to proceed with this to come up with a solution.

As long as no one has replied to your post, you can still mark it as a question later.

July 30th, 2003 11:00

That's exactly how I changed a couple of them to questions. I didn't notice, though. Can you still give people points if they reply to a post as opposed to a question?

217 Posts

July 30th, 2003 16:00

Only questions can be awarded points.

July 31st, 2003 07:00

Then, if you had people accidently creating a post that wasn't a question (which there is evidence of), then they wouldn't be able to award points for a good answer and if you are thinking the point system is a good way to get a lot of customer support, then you will potentially lessen the impact of that.

Although, I suppose that you could argue that it was a auto-training feature. If people weren't getting answers because they weren't making the post a question, then maybe they'd learn to make their post a question :-). I'm not sure that's the type of plan you want, though.

217 Posts

July 31st, 2003 09:00

I understand your point. We just want to make sure that before we make a change it doesn't cause further problems. We have a couple of ideas of how to proceed. 1) leave the form as is, but when the user selects post message (didn't select mark as a question) then verify with the user that this is correct 2) have two different buttons on that is just post message and on that is post as a question.

217 Posts

August 13th, 2003 10:00

We have implmented a fix for this. Now when you post a new topic, you must select the "Yes" or "No" radio button for the question, is this topic a question. If you do not select a value, you will be prompted to select one.

217 Posts

August 13th, 2003 11:00

Sorry, we had to pull the fix for this because it was causing another problem. Once we have verfied that we have a fix for the other problem, we will re-roll out the fix.

217 Posts

September 18th, 2003 09:00

The fix for this has been reimplemented.
No Events found!