Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 4th, 2009 16:00

SRDF in share FA processor(one port for SAN and the other for SRDF)?

Does somebody know if it is possible to have SRDF in share FA processor (one port for SAN and the other for SRDF)? We need to connect a couple of DMX using SRDF (for migration purpose) and there are not complete processor available.

- Source: DMX800 with 5670 (it would be upgraded to 5671)

- Target: DMX3 with 5771

I see in the DMX800 configuration that FA processor 16D has its two ports already connected to SAN. It would not be possible to configure it as RF. Also I see that FA 16C has one port (b) connected, but the other one (a) is free. We'd use the define QA_ALLOW_RDF_ANY according to primus emc74810.

I'm not sure but I think that under certain circumstances it would be possible to use 16ca for SRDF replication while the other one still being in SAN. Of course we only need it for migration purpose.

Regards,

Víctor

2.1K Posts

December 15th, 2009 13:00

I've got DMX3 and no DMX800, but I don't see that that would make any difference.

I'm sorry to say that the configuration of an RA port actually retasks the processor as an RA processor, so it makes port 1 for that processor unusable (port 0 will be your RA port). Unless the EMC engineers have some magic that I haven't heard about yet (and I'll be upset if they do because I'm currently migrating hosts off a port to free up a processor for SRDF) you are out of luck.

You are probably going to have to consolidate some traffic onto another port to free up the processor.

448 Posts

January 5th, 2010 04:00

No you cannot do this.  When the code is loaded to the processor it converts it to an RF (if fiber) and you then use the 0 port for srdf, the 1 port is no longer available for any use.
No Events found!