Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 03:00

Smarts 9.4 CONSOLE Admin Guide?

Hello,

i'm a newbie in SMARTS. I have build a complete new environment with SAM - IP AM/PMs on dedicated systems etc. All is running fine.

My only problem is that i want to access CONSOLE (NotificationLog, etc) also from WEB.

But, it's not working and i cannot find any documentations in order to check what i missed to configure!

Access to the Server is not working:

http://hostip:8090/webconsole

# ./sm_service show

RUNNING sni-ch-sr-am-pm

RUNNING ic-broker

RUNNING deuba-am-pm

NOT RUNNING ic-business-dashboard

RUNNING sam

RUNNING smarts-tomcat

RUNNING incharge-oi

RUNNING incharge-te

RUNNING incharge-ta

RUNNING smarts-elasticsearch

RUNNING smarts-rabbitmq

Any suggestions?

127 Posts

April 9th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Consider moving this discussion as it is to a more relevant product or Support Community for better visibility and more SME's answers. If you cant find a relevant community, move it to the General topics community General Topics. To move the discussion, click on the 'Move' link on the top right of the page under the 'Actions' widget.

Raj

2 Posts

April 30th, 2015 04:00

Solution:

Impact

Default ports when configuring tomcat are 8080, 8005 and 8009

However, if Businesss Dashboard is running tomcat on these ports as per default installation, trying to set up a service like EDAA on same server causes port conflict as default ports for this version of tomcat are also 8080, 8005 and 8009.

Note : When Business Dashboard and EDAA are running on same server, they require 2 versions of tomcat to run - one is installed with the Console for the Dashboard service and the other for the SAM server services that require it such as EDAA.

Issue

Default ports when configuring tomcat are 8080, 8005 and 8009

However, if Businesss Dashboard is running tomcat on these ports as per default installation, trying to set up a service like EDAA on same server causes port conflict as default ports for this version of tomcat are also 8080, 8005 and 8009.

Note : When Business Dashboard and EDAA are running on same server, they require 2 versions of tomcat to run - one is installed with the Console for the Dashboard service and the other for the SAM server services that require it such as EDAA.

Therefore need to change default ports for SAM server tomcat

Environment

EMC Software: Smarts Service Assurance Manager (Smarts SAM)
EMC Software: Smarts IP Manager (Smarts IP)

Cause

When Business Dashboard and EDAA are running on same server, they require 2 versions of tomcat to run - one is installed with the Console for the Dashboard service and the other for the SAM server services that require it such as EDAA.

Resolution

1. 1.  Find a list of ports that are not being used on the server :

Windows: Run command:

netstat -anb -p TCP

Linux: Run command:

netstat -anpt

1. 2.  On the server where EDAA is installed, go to the tomcat directory of the SAM installation

./SAM/smarts/tomcat/conf  and save a copy of server.xml to server.xml.orig

3.  Edit the server.xml file

Change the ports 8080, 8005 and 8009 to ports that are not being used (in this example 8015, 8181 and 8019):

type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
  description="User database that can be updated and saved"
  factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"
  pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" />

4. Set  the SM_TOMCAT_SERVER to the replacement port for 8080 (line with: protocol="HTTP/1.1") in the runcmd_env.sh file:

SM_TOMCAT_SERVER=http:// :

To (e.g., in this instance):

SM_TOMCAT_SERVER=http:// :8181

5. Restart the tomcat service

The method used to restart Tomcat depends on how it was started and which OS is in use.

Linux service:

sm_service stop smarts-tomcat

sm_service show

sm_service start smarts-tomcat

Linux interactive command line terminal:

Ctrl+C from the window it was started in

Use sm_tomcat to restart it.

This process needs to be changed in the normal ways if started in a console and then sent to background

Windows service:

Use the Service control panel to stop the service named "EMC Smarts Data Web Applications (Tomcat)"

Use the Service control panel to start the service named "EMC Smarts Data Web Applications (Tomcat)"

Windows console terminal:

Ctrl+C from the window it was started in, or close the window it is running in.

Use sm_tomcat to restart it

No Events found!