Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2013 09:00

e-lab advisor will not generate remediation report?

Hi All,

I am using e-lab advisor to generate Remediation Reports. Unfortunately it doesn't generate them. The Remediation Report Screen stays on screen with round animated circles at bottom but report doesn't get generated.

Anyone else have this problem and have any idea how to get around it. elab advisor is a very useful tool for this sort of thing when it works.

Best Regards,

Kevin.

September 24th, 2013 22:00

I haven't tried recently, assuming these are host grabs, my first question is are you using the latest collection utilities?

ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/ESXi/

ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/Unix/

ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/Windows

Also, can you verify if the utility Sahara is available to you? 

https://elabadvisor.emc.com/app/licensedtools/list

I'm not entirely certain if it is limited to EMC employees, partners, and/or end-users.  While it shouldn't make a difference as it uses the same Webservices interface, but it really simplifies the upload and gather especially many grabs (upload from and download to a specified local folder).  I'd recommend seeing if by chance it suddenly works through Sahara instead?  This also rules out the choice of browser which is something else to consider.

If neither works, please open up a ticket on behalf of the array and upload the output.  Then please provide the SR number as I'd like to see if I can reproduce.  btw, it goes without saying, I would not recommend attaching the host grabs to this public forum if by chance it happened to cross your mind.

19 Posts

September 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi Christoper,

First thanks for prompt reply. I am using latest Grab Tools for all hosts and I have managed to run remediatio reports in the past. I have downloaded Sahara however I get the message "You do have have a valid license for Sahara. Redirecting to https://lava.emc.com to request a license."

I went to https://lava.emc.com and requested license. I now have "SAHARA_START" listed in Authorization String. However I still get same message when trying to start Sahara.

Any other suggestions around Sahara? Sounds like way to go.

Definately will not upload grabs to forums! I will see if I can raise an SR and come back to you.

Best Regards,

Kevin.

19 Posts

September 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi Christoper,

Got Sahara working. I had to download the authcache.lava and place in .lava directory. I got this information from GSSD licensing PDF (page 7).

However it doesn't appear that Sarah will run a Remediation Report in XLS format. It appears to be good tool for bulk uploaad. The elab advisor web interface will generate remediation reports in XLS format. I don't see were this can be done in Sahara.

Any advice?

Best Regards,

Kevin.

September 25th, 2013 12:00

So just to confirm, using Sahara you are now able to upload the grabs?  It is just uploading via the browser that you get the reported behavior?

Keep in mind, Sahara is a tool only to simplify uploading multiple grabs (and also automatically download *individual* reports).  Just to mention it, a little know fact is that if you zip up your grabs in a single bundle (for Windows grabs would be a zip within a zip), you could have submitted that to the upload form via the browser.  It will behind the scenes extract it and parse them individually; it is simply a convenient way to manage many individual grabs and not having to submit one at a time (in a way what Sahara does for you).  Anyways... either via a browser or via Sahara, everything successfully uploaded is then available to generate a Remediation Report and listed under "SANsummary" tab:

If you go to the following:

https://elabadvisor.emc.com/app/ssrdashboard/list

You will see anything you recently uploaded either via the browser *or* Sahara.  Underneath the list you will have the following choices:

1) Remediation Report

2) SANsummary Report

3) Target Array Report

4) Download Report(s)

For everything that is in your current view (can Filter out anything you don't want via for instance the empty textboxes in the header and/or pull-down menus), you can select "Remediation Report" and get a consolidated Excel spreadsheet.

Then for any report that you had generated you can find those archived under "Reports Search".

https://elabadvisor.emc.com/app/reportsearch/list

19 Posts

September 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi Christopher,

Yes I can now upload via Sahara and any browser. This works perfectly and I can see individual hosts, switches etc uploaded to Elab Navigator.

However I cannot generate a remediation report. So I go to "Reports Search" or "SANSummary" and click Remediation at the bottom of the screen. It just stays on the that screen with rotating circle. I have left it over night a number of times to finish but no report gets email. I have also search for remediation reports but there are none recently generated.

Best Regards,

Kevin.

September 26th, 2013 13:00

Sorry about that Kevin.  We are now back to where you started (and your original question).  At least I was able to introduce you to Sahara.   

In this case, I would need for you to follow up with support.  Can you first verify in the upper-right is there a "Contact Us" link?  What does it take you to?

If not, then open up a standard SR on behalf of your array and make the same comments.  Someone with back-end visibility will need to work with you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 16th, 2015 13:00

Hello Smith,

Can you please let me know, How did you download Sahara Software ? I did search the web but did not find a link to download the software. I would appreciate if you could post the link and procedure to install it.

Thanks,

No Events found!