Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 15th, 2016 15:00

Adding array to an existing group

I'm trying to use the Remote Setup Wizard to add a PS6210x to an existing group with a PS6210xs and PS6000. I have successfully added arrays to the same group using RSW in the past, but I'm getting an error this time about an incorrect group password. I've logged into the group manager with that password, so I know it's correct.

The new array has firmware 8.1, and the arrays in the existing group are still at 7.1.x. Is it possible that's actually the problem and I just need to update the old array firmware first?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

August 15th, 2016 15:00

1.  You have use the user "grpadmin" to log into the GroupMgr but this password can be a different. Especially over a long time a customer may change the password for grpadmin but forget changing the GroupPW.

Within GrpMgmr klick on  Group->Member->Set Password to set a new GroupPW. You dont need to know the old one!

2- Yes, at the end of the day all members have to be on the same FW level but this shouldnt be your problem right now.

We upgade the existing Members first to the current FW befor adding new members. We also place new members into a "maintenance" Pool to be sure that no data migration starts automaticly.

Regards,
Joerg

172 Posts

August 16th, 2016 06:00

That sounds great. Thanks for your response.

No Events found!