Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2012 02:00

After resetting PS6100 capacity, free space, occupied space all becomes 0MB

hi,

I have reset PS6100 recently and then i see all free space, used space and capacity turns 0MB. Now I am unable to crreate volume.

I am using CLI to configure, and can't use the web GUI. while try to login in web GUI it says invalid login name.

What should i do now ? any suggestion ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 14th, 2012 06:00

If the free space is 0MB then it sounds like the raidset has not yet been created.

The account to get in the GUI is the same as the CLI.   That sounds like  a browser or java issue.

If the array is standalone, you can reset it again to make sure you are starting from scratch.  

GrpName>member select raid-policy will create the raidset from the CLI.

If you still have issues even after a reset, then open a support case,  they will be glad to help you with this.  It's also a great time to upgrade the firmware to the latest build.

2 Posts

October 14th, 2012 11:00

I have 12 disk in the array. While the array was switched on i made a disk out. Then I found the disk as spare disk and other 11 disks are online. Again did the same thing and now I have 2 spare disks. I followed your suggestion and reset it again. Then set raid to raid policy raid6. Then one of the spare disks turns online. So now I have 11 online disk. But usable disk is only one, I mean,  I get now only 1 disk to create a volume. And I don't know the CLI command, how to trun a 'spare disk' to 'online disk'.

About java... I have java runtime and jdk installed in computer and I am using latest Firefox. I tried with Internet Explorer 8 too. Array firmware version is 5.2.2 is not bad I think. And the main thing is I got tired of trying with CLI everytime :(

October 14th, 2012 18:00

You should wait disk verification, it may take 2 hours !

At the member status you can see the progress verification (use GUI)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 14th, 2012 22:00

Just creating volumes there's no need to wait until the initialization finishes.  But do upgrade to at least 5.2.5 before putting it into production.  5.2.5 has important fixes over 5.2.2.  The fix list spells these out very clearly.

No Events found!