Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2014 00:00

After switch firmware update EQL is complaining of invalid configuration

After switch firmware updates the EQL is complaining of invalid configuration

The environment is completely working, but the EQL Group Manager is showing a warning that it doesn’t like the switch configuration. No additional information is available and no other errors indicated it just says:

"An invalid switch configuration has been detected. This issue must be corrected in the network infrastructure."

The EQL firmware is now on 7.0.9, the switches consist of 2 x M8024's runnning 4.2.1.3 and a Powerconnect 6248 running 3.3.11.2

Any reason we'd be seeing this message on the SAN after switch upgrades?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 19th, 2014 14:00

Hello,

The switch is advertising DCB but the 8024 doesn't support iSCSI DCB, just FCoE.  

On the 8024's you have to disable DCB.   #no dcb enable    Then save the config. I'm not 100% but a restart of the switches might be required.  If the message persists try restarting the switches.

Regards,

3 Posts

November 27th, 2014 04:00

Hi Don,

Can you confirm if a restart of the switches is required or not?

The switches are running version 4.2.1.3, theres no possibility of going to a higer version, will that be an issue?

Is there not a way that this can be disabled on the EQL interface itself, the eql is running version 7.0.9 firmware.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 27th, 2014 08:00

I'm not positive if a reboot is required, but I do not believe so.

Re: Disable. That wouldn't be correct choice.  Devices like storage, announce they can do DCB but as a client device they only follow the switch.  If you disable it on the client the switch is still assuming DCB is in effect.  So any traffic not negotiating DCB will end up in the "lossy" class of service, which means not prioritized.     So the only correct place to disable it, is on the switch

3 Posts

December 1st, 2014 01:00

Hi Don,

Can you find out for sure if a reboot is required, this is a production environment so i can't really take a chance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 1st, 2014 08:00

Hello,

After inquiring and looking at the docs, it would be recommended, but no where did it say required.

See if the messages stops after you disable it.  

No Events found!