Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 14th, 2016 12:00

Announcement: Updated Configuration guide for RHEL v6/v7 with Dell PS Series storage now available

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Configuration Guide for Dell Storage PS Series Arrays

This configuration guide provides information about integrating the RHEL 6 and 7 operating environments with the Dell Storage PS Series arrays using iSCSI technology. The guide includes guidance for working with volumes, using MPIO and some performance tips.

The PDF file is available here: 

Regards, 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2016 21:00

Hello, 

With Linux, like any OS, iSCSI is no different from SAS/SATA or Fibre Channel.  Regardless of how you get connected to a "disk" it looks like a SCSI disk to the OS. 

So yes you use mount points.   That's how Linux like most UNIX OS's do it.  But any supported method for other disks work with iSCSI.   I.e. in Windows you can use drive letters, or mount points. 

Regards, 

Don 

May 12th, 2016 03:00

Thank you for this detailed tutorial.

Hopefully we can replace our current backup solution with our EqualLogic PS6500E system.
Our old solution only offfered 24 TB and the PS6500E offers us 96 TB (well, at least according to what I have read online, currently only showing 69.24 TB for some weird reason, but see my other post for that).

On a sidenote; do I add these also as mountpoints? For example /home/backups3
Or is iSCSI completely different and I should follow your tutorial to the letter?

(sorry for my stupid questions, just replaced a senior staff member who passed away suddenly).

May 13th, 2016 01:00

Hi Donald,

Thank you for clarifying things for me. This helped me out a lot. I was already getting a minor headache because all of this. Your answer relieved that headache.

Thanks once again for explaining this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 13th, 2016 12:00

You are very welcome! 

Don

No Events found!