Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

3 Posts

February 13th, 2019 22:00

Deletion of Group Lead member in EqualLogics

Hi,

I have a group of 3 members (PS6610, PS6500 and PS6100). I wish to delete the PS6100 member and I have already removed/moved all the volumes to another storage pool. Therefore, the member space for PS6100 is currently 100% free space. This PS6100 member is currently the group lead and I was wondering if it is ok to just right click and "delete member" now that the volumes have all be removed/moved. Can I please have confirmation that the deletion of this group lead member will not cause any issues and that the group lead role will automatically be assigned to PS6610 or PS6500? If it is automatic, is it just a random selection for which existing member gets to be the group lead?

If not, do I need to manually assign the group lead member role prior to deletion of PS6100? What do I need to take into account if this manual assigning is required?

Kind Regards,

Kantley

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

February 13th, 2019 23:00

Hello Kantley, 

Just so I'm clear.  The member you want to delete is in a pool on its own?   No other members?  If there are other members in the pool I would move the member to be removed into a new temp pool.  Then delete it. 

If so, then yes, you can just delete it. 

Group Lead will change automatically and will not interrupt any iSCSI connections.  The Group Lead handles login requests and hosts the event logs.  it will move automatically. 

Regards, 

Don 

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

February 14th, 2019 17:00

Hello Kantley, 

re: Delete. Yes you can.  Use the Delete Member menu option and it will remove it from the group, and reset it back to factory defaults. 

Regards, 

Don 

3 Posts

February 14th, 2019 17:00

Hi Don,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the PS6100 member that I wish to delete is in it's own storage pool (Tier 2) and no other members use this pool (The other members in the group: PS6610 has Tier0 storage pool, PS6500 has Tier1 storage pool).

Therefore, I can safely delete PS6100 member?

Kind Regards,

Kantley

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

February 14th, 2019 19:00

Hello Kantley, 

You are very welcome. I am very happy to be of assistance. 

Don

3 Posts

February 14th, 2019 19:00

Hi Don,

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,

Kantley

No Events found!