Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 11th, 2014 05:00

EQL PS4000 Firmware Upgrade 5.2.2 > 7.12

I need to upgrade the firmware and this will be my first time doing so. 

It looks like I need to go from 5.2.6 > 6.0.5 > 7.0.5 > 7.0.7 > 7.1.2.  Is that going to be the correct order?  How long should I wait on each step before proceeding to the next?  Any gotchas for a first timer? 

The SAN is currently a replication partner that will be removed from that role and will be re-configured as temporary storage so I can move the servers from the production SAN to upgrade and reconfigure it with the same firmware and then reconfigure storage and replication.  Trying to get all my ducks in a row before the planned upgrade over the MLK 3 day weekend in January.

TIA!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 11th, 2014 06:00

Hello,

You don't have to do that many steps  5.2.6->6.0.10->7.1.2.

Let any ongoing replication complete, then pause replication.

If this is a single member, then you don't have to wait before doing the next step.

If there are any hosts connected in addition to being a replication partner, make sure they have the timeout setting configured per EQL best practices.  

If there are any Linux servers connecting using MPIO make sure you are not using "readsector0" as the MPIO path_checker.  There is a bug in Linux that will cause protocol errors to occur after upgrading to 7.x firmware.   You have to change that to "tur"   (Test Unit Ready).   This is covered in the 7.x release notes.

Regards,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 11th, 2014 07:00

Yes, 5.2.x->6.0.LATEST.   Then 6.0.X->7.1.LATEST

4 Posts

December 11th, 2014 06:00

Would the same apply for an upgrade from 5.2.2?  I have one SAN at that level that is the replication master.  Also, I don't see the 6.0.10 listed on the download site, just the 6.0.11.  Where else are the downloads located?

No Events found!