Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2017 13:00

EQL PS4100 Disk Status

I have one failed disk in my array of disks on one member.  The status of the one disk reads "failed".  I had two hot spares in the member to offload in the event of an issue.  About 15 hours ago, I got an alert that the disk was offloading its contents to the spare.  

I logged into the EQL GRP MGR and see the status of the one disk is "failed" and it's health is "tripped".  My spare has a status of "receiving data" and it's health is "healthy".  Normally I thought there was an "offloading" process, however, I am not certain.  

I have a spare ready to replace for the failed disk, however, don't want to pull it out of the member if it's actively using it.  My question is, is there a way I can see a status of the "receiving data"?  I have been getting hourly alerts letting me know it's an issue.

Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Victor

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 29th, 2017 15:00

Hello, 

If you go to the Group CLI and run:   GrpName>member select MEMBERNAME show controllers   That will show you the rebuild status.  Run that periodically to see if the rebuild is progressing.  It might be going very slow. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!