Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 7th, 2018 08:00

Equallogic PS6100 ISCSI Volume problem

I have a PS6100 where the locking occurs where ISCSI drives mapped as local disks on a windows 2012 R2 Standard, every two weeks they lock, so I have to reset the controller and switch to another, to get back to work, this matches a firmware upgrade which was made for version V9.1.4 (R443182), this causes a number of problems in the environment in which it is installed. Making all Servers connected to it crash, because the ISCSI units can not access ISCSI units, because they are extremely slow.
At the time I opened a Call in Dell, the technician went to the server, we tried the access by another server and the problem continued, I connected the network cable directly from the server in the Storage for tests and the problem still continued, I was instructed by the technician to leave it only with a GIGA connection, 1 network cable, plus after a few weeks the problem has returned and continues recurring.
The current Firmare is V9.1.4 (R443182).

Has anyone caught this type of problem with this equipment and is there any light what can be done?

From what I saw already exists the Firmware PS firmware version 10.0.1, I will download and try to apply the same, can be a solution to this problem.

Does anyone use this firmware and have other problems as well?

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

September 9th, 2018 14:00

Hello,

Based on the symptoms I would tend to agree that a firmware upgrade will not likely resolve the issue.

There is another consideration.  Since that array no longer has warranty or a support contract you are not entitled to run newer firmware.  it's part of what you agree to when you download the firmware.  The license to use the firmware and get new firmware is maintained in the service contract.

Regards,

Don

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

September 7th, 2018 08:00

Hello,

I would strongly suggest you keep working the case with Dell and ask them to escalate the case.

When the lock occurs does it only affect that one server, or are all servers locked up?

Regards,

Don

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

September 7th, 2018 18:00

Hello,

Typically a case isn't closed unless the customer agrees.  How long ago was the case closed and the warranty run out? 

Regards,

Don

21 Posts

September 7th, 2018 18:00

When I was working with Dell, Dell said me to connect another server on the structure and the problem continue. Connect the cabble alone to the ps6100 and the problem continue. But after Dell said that the problem was resolved, the warranty over, now I instill have a problem. 

21 Posts

September 9th, 2018 11:00

Probaly the case was on november 2017, the warranty over some weeks later, I think three weeks later.

I read the firmware notes and it not have anything about the problem that I have, I think The update will not solve my problem. 

5 Posts

March 11th, 2021 06:00

Hello,

We are seeing a similar issue in our environment with PS6610 running 9.1.4 and hosts running Windows 2016.just wanted to check if you were finally able to fix the issue. If you could share the fix it would be really helpful.

No Events found!