Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2013 05:00

Equallogic Round Robin and IO Path Script from Don William

Hi Everyone,

I found this script provided by Don Williams in the past, but what I am trying to do is make it compatible with PowerCLI so that I can run it against all hosts in our clusters via vcenter. I am able to run the script by pasting onto the host directly through SSH but obviously this is not ideal, and I do not know if this accounts for all future volumes (I presume no since my understanding is that path io needs to be updated manually with the addition of each new volume).

This is the script:

esxcli storage nmp satp set --default-psp=VMW_PSP_RR --satp=VMW_SATP_EQL ; for i in `esxcli storage nmp device list | grep EQLOGIC|awk '{print $7}'|sed 's/(//g'|sed 's/)//g'` ; do esxcli storage nmp device set -d $i --psp=VMW_PSP_RR ; esxcli storage nmp psp roundrobin deviceconfig set -d $i -I 3 -t iops ; done

This is a vcenter 5.x environment with esxi 5.1 u1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 27th, 2013 19:00

BTW, you are correct, this script would have to be re-run every time you added a volume for VMFS or an RDM.

Found this on another blog.  It seems to allow you to set the default behavior or EQL devices to RR and IOPs=3

#esxcli storage nmp satp rule add -s "VMW_SATP_EQL" -V "EQLOGIC" -M "100E-00" -P "VMW_PSP_RR" -O "iops=3"

It does require a reboot to become effective. 

If this works for you, you won't need to try to get it working via vCenter.

Regards,

No Events found!