Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2015 06:00

HIT Kit unattended installation

Hi. Is there a documentation on how to install HIT Kit 4.7.x unattended? I've found some old outdated article for version 3.x, but nothing for the newer version.

I've extracted the MSI package from the EXE file (SetupMsi64.msi), but I need to know the installation options (like what components to install etc.) besides the builtin MSI options.

Thanks in advance

April 17th, 2015 07:00

Hello VSvatek,

I think what you are looking for is on the HIT/Microsoft Installation and User’s Guide:

eqlsupport.dell.com/.../download_file.aspx

Under the section Silent Installations on Page 19.

Best Regards,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 17th, 2015 09:00

Hello,

FYI:  The MSI files for 32 and 64bit are available on the EQL support website.  It's a little farther down on the same page you download the EXE file.  Save you from having to extract them.

Regards,

24 Posts

April 20th, 2015 06:00

Thanks guys, I've used the instructions in the user guide (somehow missed them before).

Got one more question - silent install works when I used this command (from the user guide):

setup64.exe /s /v/qn /V"/q ADDLOCAL=ALL"

However when I add the /norestart switch, the install will not proceed - nothing happens.

setup64.exe /s /v/qn /V"/q ADDLOCAL=ALL" /norestart

Or should the /norestart be enclosed in the quotation marks like this?: setup64/ s /v/qn /V"/q ADDLOCAL=ALL /norestart"

Ie. is it a parameter of the EXE file or the MSI inside?

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

April 20th, 2015 08:00

the /norestart option should be inside the quotes, as in:

setup64.exe /s /v/qn /V" /q /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL"

-Joe-

24 Posts

April 20th, 2015 09:00

I've managed to test it in the meantime and it works.

Thanks everyone.

No Events found!