Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 06:00

How do I Uninitialize the PS4210

In setting up the Equallogic, I ran the initial install script, it found the uninitialized drive then initialized it, then it started to run the rest of the script. It error'd out, I tried to run it again but this time it could not find an uninitialized drive because it had already initialized it so the script just stops. I tried consoling into the Equallogic management port and using the "Reset" and "DeleteAllMyDataNow" command and it wipes the drive clean of all information except for what information that still shows it being initialized. I have even tried to use the Remote setup wizard but again it can't get past the part of looking for uninitialized drives.

The question is how do I reset the Equallogic back to being uninitialized?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2017 07:00

Hello, 

Could you provide a little more info on what setup script you are using?   Do you mean the remote setup wizard from HIT/LE?  You might want to power off the array and wait a couple minutes, power it back up and try again. 

If you are able to access the serial console to run reset you can also set up the array there as well. 

Regards.

Don

2 Posts

August 9th, 2017 10:00

Don,

The setup script is something my organization has created, it does a lot of different things other than just set up storage, and yes I am referring to the remote setup wizard HIT/LE as well when I refer to that. I was also told by my organization that I have to downgrade the firmware to 7.1.5 and we have a script for that, before I ran it, I decided to check the cables again, I reseated the cables and the downgrade script recognized the uninitialized device and worked. The ending message was that I could continue with my previous script where I left off but when I ran that one again it said the same thing, cannot find uninitialized device and it stopped. So at this point I'm just going to reset and run the first script and deal with the firmware issues when I get to them later, I think my major issues was just connectivity to begin with. Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2017 12:00

Hello, 

You are very welcome.  After the reset if you just run the remote setup wizard you should see the array.  A 'reset' removes all configuration information from the array.  It once again should show up in RSW. 

Good luck. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!