Start a Conversation

Unsolved

MJ

7 Posts

December 20th, 2019 05:00

How to change IP addresses on Single Group, Single Member SAN (PS6210E)

Hello,

I am not a person who knows what he's doing with any of this SAN stuff.  I am in a bad situation right now.  Yesterday I moved my hardware into a datacenter, and now my SAN (Equallogic PS6210E) is not visible to my server. I have a N4032F SAN switch that is used to connect between the SAN and my server.  My SAN is a single group with a single member.  I think I need to change the IP address information for the group and the member, but I can't figure out how to do this.

To change the IP, I connect to the SAN via serial connection.  When I type grpparams and show, I see the old IP addresses for Group-Mgmt-Gateway and Management-Ipaddress.  The Group-Ipaddress is a local private IP (192.168.x.x), so that doesn't need to change (all connections between SAN switch, SAN, and server remain unchanged).   When I look at the member IP address info, I see connections on eth0 and eth1 that are on the private network (192.168.x.x), and eth2 has an old IP address.  Also, the Def-Gateway IP address is an old IP.

The old IP addresses started with 172.x.x.x, while the new IP addresses (the ones I need to set the hardware to) start with 10.x.x.x

I tried the following commands but got errors (my member name is Dante01):

=====================================================================
grpparams management-network ipaddress 10.2.104.184

% Error - Management address must be on the same subnet as the addresses on all management interfaces

grpparams def-mgmt-gateway ipaddress 10.2.104.1

% Error - Gateway IP address must be on the same subnet as at least one member n
etwork interface.

member select dante01 eth select 2 ipaddress 10.2.104.182 netmask 255.255.255.0

% Error - There must be at least one member network interface on the same subnet as the management address

Please help me if you can.  I need to get this system up today!  

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

December 20th, 2019 08:00

Hello, 

There are a couple of ways to do this.  

1.) Disable Dedicated Mangement, remove the IP addresses and re-do it on the new IP subnet.  Once you disabled Dedicated Management you can access the GUI from the iSCSI IP subnet.  Making re-enabling it easier. 

GrpName>mem sel MEMBERNAME eth sel 2 mgmt-only disable

2.)  If the firmware is new enough, you can add an IPv6 IP address to the Managment port.  This will allow you to change the IPv4 address to the new subnet. 

GrpName>member select MEMBERNAME eth select 2 ipv6address fc00::192:168:5:109

GrpName>grpparams management-network ipv6address fc00::192:168:5:108

I don't have a system handy with dedicated mgmt enable to verify these but that should work.  

Alternatively set the laptop on the old Managment network and use GUI to disable Dedicated Mgmt.  Then from the iSCSI IP subnet re-enable it with the new IP schema. 

Regards,

Don 

No Events found!