Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2015 04:00

Integration of Equallogic with SCVMM 2012 R2

Hi, I am facing issue while integrating DELL EqualLogic SAN with my SCVMM 2012 R2 in HA, Details of Environment:

-SCVMM 2012 R2 in HA (Installed on 2 nodes cluster in High Availability), CU1 to CU5 with fixup installed.

-Dell EqualLogic 6210S and 6210XV with firmware version 7.1.4 on all array boxes Dell EqualLogic Group Manager 7.0

-HIT Kit version 4.7.1.7382 installed and configured on both SCVMM nodes.

SCVMM has direct access to ISCSi san subnet.

By configuring below commands, i am able to successfully view my EqualLogic in SCVMM storage provider tab under fabric-->storage,

but I am still unable to add this storage in Array tab, it does not pick any storage during add storage to Array wizard. Commands run via VMM Power shell:

-Import-Module -Name "c:\Program Files\EqualLogic\bin\EqlPSTools.dll"

-New-EqlGroupAccess -GroupName My-GRP01 -GroupWKAddress 192.168.2.5 -MgmtWKAddress 10.1.1.5 -UserName grpadmin -Password grpadmin

-Update-StorageProvderCache

-Import-SCStorageProvider

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

April 6th, 2015 08:00

Confirm the eql pssnapin is available, if not do the import again.

Get-PSSnapin -Registered

Once the group is added (new-eqlgroupaccess), modify to add the VSS information, use Set-EqlGroupAccess for example

Set-EqlGroupAccess -VSSUserName vssadmin -VSSPassword vssadmin2012

Ensure you excluded the subnets that are not on the iSCSI network in ASM (MPIO Settings)

In VMM Under Arrays find all the registered groups, and right click to assign managed pools, then after, you can create logical units in the pools

A good link to review your steps:

virtualizationclustersandstorage.wordpress.com/.../scvmm-installing-and-configure-dell-equallogic-arrays-with-smp

-Joe

April 9th, 2015 02:00

When i "Set-EqlGroupAccess -VSSUserName vssadmin -VSSPassword vssadmin2012", it says group name is not mentioned, so i modify command as "Set-EqlGroupAccess -groupname mygrp -VSSUserName vssad -VSSPassword 123", then it say GROUP NAME IS NOT REGISTERED

No Events found!