Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2018 12:00

PS4100X firmware download

Hello,

Is there a link for the latest firmware for the Equallogic PS4100X available?  We got a new controller and now the firmware versions are mismatched.  

Active Controller is version V6.06 (R351932)

Secondary Controller is version V8.1.1 (R417753).

We can either move the active to the same level as secondary or move them both to a higher version.  I'm fine with either.  We are using this in a VMWare vCenter Server 6.0.0 build 7924804.

James

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

October 17th, 2018 13:00

Hello, 

You need to have a support contract in place in order to download the firmware from eqlsupport.dell.com. 

What should have been done is removed the firmware SD card from the old one and install it in the new one to keep the revision the same.   If you still have the failed CM this is the best option. 

SSH into the array. as grpadmin and try to run 'update' 

That firmware is VERY old so it may not work but it should attempt to downgrade the passive CM to 6.0.6 and then restart the CM. 

Note:  If you are not running 6.0.6-H2 (or greater) there is a risk of damage to the VMFS filesystem. 

Also make sure you have configured ESXi to Dell's best practices. 

http://downloads.dell.com/solutions/storage-solution-resources/BestPracticesWithPSseries-VMware%28TR1091%29.pdf

Regards, 

Don 

17 Posts

October 18th, 2018 07:00

We have contacted our Dell sales rep to get pricing on warranty/support renewal.  We do not want to stay on old firmware.

Thank you for the assist.

James

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

October 18th, 2018 08:00

Hello, 
 You are very welcome.  I am glad that I could help. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!