Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 23rd, 2018 12:00

PS5000 stuck cancelling vacate

I have an array that was being decommissioned from production and re-purposed to a test environment. I removed it from the storage pool and... waited. Then I waited. Then I realized it had stalled for whatever reason. There were no network issues and the remaining member has more then adequate storage. 

Regardless, I decided to cancel the process and approach it from a different angle. I cancelled the process only to find that it then stalled at 0% while "cancelling". I received advice from a fellow admin that I should leave it as it could take quite a bit of time. That was several months ago and I can safely assume that this isn't expected behavior.

I'm deathly scared that I'll lose data if I don't approach this properly and these arrays are running critical systems. Can anyone provide any insight or advice? I'm unsure of where to turn or how to proceed.

9 Posts

January 16th, 2019 09:00

If I had another array with the right firmware version, would that SD card image work?

I can't thank you enough for the insights and direction you've provided.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.5K Posts

January 16th, 2019 10:00

Hello, 

Yes. As long as it is the same exact version down to the patch or hotfix level. 

I.e. 7.1.4 and 7.1.4-H1 are NOT the same. 

So you can image up that SD and rewrite the passive CM SD card.  

There is nothing configuration related saved on the SD card. 

I am very happy to help you out. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!