Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 19th, 2016 21:00

PS6110 showing critical error but there is nothing wrong?

Hi All,

I have a PS6110 which had a battery failure on the controller.

I have swapped the controller and all hardware is showing up as OK now.

But the array is still saying critical error. 

Status view: 

And these are the latest event logs:

Do I have to clear any status?

Everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 20th, 2016 08:00

Hello, 

I believe this issue is resolved in current firmware, the workaround is to connect serially to the passive controller and issue a restart.   Alternatively, you can remove the passive CM and wait one minute, then re-insert.   Either should clear the error condition.  

Regards,

Don

6 Posts

June 20th, 2016 20:00

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what did it. I removed it for a minute, pushed the controller back in and it cleared.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 21st, 2016 10:00

Hello, 

You are very welcome.  I'm glad it was a quick fix. 

What version of EQL firmware are you currently running?   I believe this issue is resolved in the current EQL firmware. 

Regards, 

Don 

6 Posts

June 21st, 2016 20:00

I am currently running version: V6.0.9 (R387139) 

Which I know is rather old, I haven't found a maintenance window to upgrade yet but it is on the cards.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 09:00

Hello, 

Yes, that is a bit old.  Hopefully, you can find some time soon. 

On the support website, with the firmware downloads there is a PDF on how to configure servers to they can better handle the failover that's part of the firmware upgrade procedure.   It's more important to set them properly, to protect against a H/W failure that causes a failover vs. a firmware upgrade restart which you can control.   If you are ready for the unexpected failover, you should have no issues with the firmware upgrade.  Especially when done in a low I/O period. 

Upgrade path:  6.0.9->7.1.12->8.1.4->9.0  (If you want to get to most current firmware)  You can stop at 7.1.12 or 8.1.4 if you like.  I would suggest at least 8.1.4. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!