Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 2nd, 2017 11:00

Questions regarding SanHQ updates, and Client, vs Client and Server installations.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Please forgive me ahead of time as i'm still relatively new to EQL and SanHQ. My question is related to an update to SANHQ, v3.0.2 to v3.2, that i am currently entertaining prior to firmware updates in the near future, v7.1.5 > 8.1.4 > 9.0. I believe that i have the appropriate files and preparation for the SanHQ portion of the upgrade, however, i am needing some clarification on Client only vs Client & Server installations, since this is a selection that will be made during the install/update process. how exactly would i go about confirming that this is client only, vs client & server installation?

I am fairly certain that it is a C&S installation on a Server 2012 r2 box, however, i'd like to know for sure. Is there a particular configuration, or perhaps a service that i can look for to confirm this?

Per Help>About, the server listed under "Server Name" reads "Default Server", with a rev matching the listed client. In addition, Settings>Server Settings reflects the FQDN of the local host as the host name for "Connection Settings for Client".

Another quick question is, will an update to SanHQ negatively affect productivity in any way?

Thank you in advance!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 11:00

The "Server" runs a service called EQLXPerf and offer also a share named "Monitor". The later once also contains the installable *.exe for the Client.

SANHQ never effects EQL Group productivity.

Regards
Joerg

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 15:00

Hello, 

The other consideration is do you have any drives that need their firmware updated.  With the firmware downloads is a utility that will upgrade the firmware.  Another utility Dell Storage Update Manager (DSUM) will check and let you know if you do.  It will also assist you in upgrade the array firmware as well.  Also located with the EQL Firmware downloads. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!