Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2012 01:00

RE:Configuring different email accounts to receive specific events from EqualLogic Array

Hi,

does anyone know if its possible either with a 3rd party product or with the notification settings on the EqualLogic itself, to be able to send specific types of Array alerts to different email addresses. For example I currently have configured one admin email account to receive everything that happens on the array, but I would like to be able to setup an additional account to receive the alerts for things like hardware/disk failures, so that they can be dealt with independantly.

Any helpful advice appreciated

thanks

Matt

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

January 4th, 2012 05:00

Currently when setting up e-mail recipients for events (i.e., fatal, warnings, errors, informational) these cannot be further separated based on email address and type of notification.

However, for hardware failures, there is the section called “Send e-mail alerts to customer Support (E-Mail Home)” that is specific to hardware type failures.  When selected, the hardware event is sent to EqualLogic technical support, and you can add a local contact as well.

-joe

3 Posts

January 4th, 2012 23:00

Hi Joe, thats how I have it configured at the moment but thanks for the reply. Is there a place on DELLs EqualLogic site where I can put in a requested feature?

thanks

Matt

3 Posts

January 5th, 2012 06:00

thats great! thanks Joe

regards

Matt

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

January 5th, 2012 06:00

Matt,

I'll enter the requested feature on your behalf, using your forum email address and company name.

I don't have a time frame on how long it takes for the product team to review and/or approve an enhancement.

Regards,

Joe

1 Message

November 26th, 2012 00:00

I am a Service Delivery Manager with Dell Dubai. I have customers who are very interested in the EMhome service in the UAE. I cannot find a PPT or PDF to present to them. Can you please send me more information on setting up EMhome? This would include set up instructions and needed applications. i.e SAN HQ. Somewhat of an "How To Guide"

-Rob

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 26th, 2012 04:00

EM home is built into the EQL firmware.  In the EQL GUI, under Notifications, there's a check box to enable it, and all that is required is to enter an EM address to RECEIVE the E-mail notifications.  Please use an E-mail address that you have registered with on the EQL support site.   That way when the case is created it will automatically map to your account.  

You will need to have an SMTP e-mail server that the array can reach.   The Admin guide also has information on enabling EMHOME.

We also suggest you install SANHQ v2.5.  It will allow you to periodically send diag info Dell to better monitor overall health of your SAN.

Regards,

No Events found!