Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2016 13:00

SAN HQ Critical Alert - impossible to get logs from PS4100X

Hello.

I have a Dell Equallogic SAN PS4100X v7.0.10 and a SAN HQ server in release 3.0.2.7457.

Yesterday I receive an email which talking about error 14.2

Caution conditions:

• 7/28/2016 5:17:09 PM
    • [ID: 14.2] Unable to establish connection.
    • The SAN HQ server issued SNMP requests at the group, some or all of which failed.  This condition is likely due to network congestion or failed network connectivity.  The server will retry within 60 seconds.  Check your network connectivity and check that the storage group is online.  If the problem persists, contact your Dell support provider for assistance.

If I run SAN HQ Client I can observe a 14.1 Critical Alert: Unexpected Exception in Service. SAN HQ seems to be connected but there is no logs.

I try to upgrade to 3.2.0.8291 but this is the same issue. Nothing change on our side, and I test a snmpwalk with same community, it's working.

Have you ideas ?

Thanks

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2016 06:00

Finally, I didn't upgrade the firmware and opened a case, I reinstalled SAN HQ (withour keep logs) and everything is good now.

Thanks

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 09:00

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I get this error just one time but I can't get any logs since I received this email. I will schedule to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello,

How often do you see this error?  

I have seen this on very busy arrays for example.  I would suggest upgrading to more current firmware.  Both 8.1.x and 9.0.x are available.  There were some SANHQ related improvements in newer releases. 

Another option is to open a support case so they can review the SANHQ logs.  

Regards, 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello, 

No problem!   

Keep monitoring and if it returns, especially after upgrading, then I would suggest opening a case. 

What kind of switches are you using? 

Don 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 22nd, 2016 14:00

Hello, 

That's great!  Thanks for letting us know. 

Don 

No Events found!