Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 28th, 2017 18:00

Shutdown array for shipment

I need to ship a 6210 to another office and the array will be off for several days. Is there anything special I need to do? Seems like I just need to hit the shutdown button in the management Java applet twice (I assume it shuts down the active controller and then the passive will take over so I need to shutdown again). After that I just flip the power switches on the power supplies and I'm good to go?

When the array gets to its destination, plug in power and flip the power switch and array will power on?

I always see a note in the release notes about standby mode and not coming out of standby but that's not an issue here because I'm not turning on that option, right? This is just a clean shutdown and power back on.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 28th, 2017 22:00

Hello, 

You can issue the shutdown command in the GUI.  It will shutdown both controllers.  It does not initiate a failover.   If you use the restart option in the GUI that will failover the active CM to the passive. 

My personal preference has always been to first shutdown all connected servers.  Connect to the active CM via the serial port, then issue the "shutdown" command at the CLI.   I do this because once it's shutdown you will see a confirmation message that the process is complete.  If you use the GUI or remove via SSH, when the network is shutdown you lose the connection.   Then wait a few minutes and presume the shutdown is complete. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!