Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

May 2nd, 2019 06:00

Storage with both controllers silent

Hello everyone.

We got a really old equallogic ps4000 and we ran into a new problem that I never saw before: The storage got 2 control module 8 and both the controllers power on but show no network activity on any of the ports, even the management ones.

Access via serial works only if you reboot the whole system, but the controller 0 don't even finish the boot and hangs.

The controller 1 finishes its boot but after a few seconds, it hangs as well.

Have any of you guys ever seen something like this? Can I swap both controllers?

Thanks everyone!

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2019 10:00

Hello,

You can technically swap both controllers.  The configuration information is storage on the disks not the controllers.  However you would also have to swap the Compact Flash cards from the old controllers to the new ones to keep F/W version unchanged.

However, I'm not convinced it's a controller problem. Could be problem with the RAIDset itself.

If you have another controller it's a easy test.  Power down, swap CF cards and boot it up on the one replacement controller.

Regards,

Don

1 Rookie

• 

1.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2019 07:00

Hello,

Also if you are in the United States support region, you can open a one-time support case for a fee.

They can help you triage this issue and determine if you have a HW or SW problem.  They won't provide hardware.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!