Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2012 03:00

Warning: 0% Free space warning in pool default

Hello all,

Just setup two PS6000X and just got to installing SAN HQ to monitor them.  I am getting the same warning on both, since I am using the default pool (maximizing it out with volumes on that pool), which apparently is causing the error.

What do I need to do to get rid of it? What is the best practice?  Am I supposed to have X% free at all times or is there some where I can change this value?  I wanted to dedicate the full storage pool, or so I thought, to my volumes.  It thinks that the free space is not available anymore, yet there is, but obviously in the mind of storage pool, its allocated to the volume now and used up.  Which makes sense, but how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 05:00

In the EQL release notes it talks about having at least 5% free space or 10% if you are replicating.   You can reduce snapshot reserve, remove unneeded volumes, etc to free up space.   Performance can be impacted if you don't have free space available.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 15:00

Thanks, I must have missed that doc.  I adjusted my snapshot reserve down, freed up some space and next poll, SAN HQ cleared the warning and all systems good with green.

All set now!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 23rd, 2012 17:00

Great!   Take care.

No Events found!