Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2017 05:00

high avg, queue depth on a LUN - mismatch between SANHQ and host perfmon counters

Hi. I have a EQL group (3 members) hosting LUNs that are used in Hyper-V clusters as CSVs. One of these LUNs reports (SANHQ) higher than expected avg, disk queue length - the numbers vary from about 6 to 9 steady. However on the Hyper-V hosts that have this LUN connected the current/avg. disk queue length counters are much lower (usually below 1, with occasional spikes to 2 or 3) and nowhere near to what SANHQ is reporting.

I've concurrently ran a live view session in SANHQ for this particular LUN and monitored perfmon counters on the Hyper-V servers and that confirmed me what I wrote above.

What could be the problem? For other LUNs the numbers match between SANHQ and the hosts.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hello, 

Anything related around performance issues is very difficult to triage without being able to gather diagnostic info.  I would suggest you open a support case.  On the LUN affected is there actually a performance issue or just the load shown in SANHQ?  

What EQL firmware are you using and what version of SANHQ?  

Regards,

Don 

13 Posts

Hello Donald,

thanks for the prompt response. It was a mistake on my part as I didn't get a sum info from all the hosts connected to this LUN, when I've done that, the numbers +- match, so it seems it's caused by the load on the hosts, so most probably not an EQL issue and I'll dig deeper on the hosts.

For what it's worth: using SANHQ 3.2 and EQL FW 9.0.5

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 11th, 2017 06:00

Hello, 

Thank you for the update. 

FW 9.0.7 and 9.1.1 are now available. 

SANHQ 3.3.1 is as well. 

Sounds like maybe you have a LUN with much more active VMs, so moving some to another LUN might help better balance things out. 

Regards, 

Don 

No Events found!