Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

April 11th, 2018 13:00

removing the group lead from a 2 member group

Hello,

I have a group with an FS7600, a 4000, and a 6500. I have removed all my shares and deleted all the volumes presented to vmware. Only my new SC array shows in vmware. I have 4 volumes left that are in the default pool. I want to remove the 6500 but keep the group intact with the 7600 and the 4000 (going to add a 6100 later and use it at a different location) the end goal for the 6500 is for it to be a replication partner with the SC. I can't delete the member, not enough space for the volumes on the 4000. I can't delete the volumes, they show an ISCS connection to the 6500. 24 of them in fact. how do I either A remove the volumes, or B change GL so I can remove the 6500 (i think thats the issue, its GL). I have all my data moved.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 11th, 2018 14:00

Hello,

First, this is not a Group Lead issue.  The GL is responsible for handling initial login process and where all the logs are sent are it's primary purposes.   Any member can be the GL at any time.

The only way to remove that 6500 is to have enough space on the 4000.  That's your issue.  Since they are in the same pool all the volumes are spread across them.  That's why there are iSCSI connections to the 6500.

If you no longer need those volumes, then log out of them on the servers.  Put the volumes offline in the EQL GUI. Then you will be able to delete the volumes   Otherwise you'll have to add more storage to that pool to allow for the removal of the 6500.  Once you have enough free space, I would suggest that instead of just deleting the 6500, first move it to a new temp pool.  Once it's moved to the new pool, then delete it from there.  This is the preferred method of removing a member from a group.

Regards,

Don

No Events found!