Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2014 12:00

Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: Mind the Gap - A Technical Discussion on the Journey to the Third Platform

Ask the Expert: AMA - Ask Our ATE Program Manager Anything

https://community.emc.com/message/936192#936192

Welcome to this EMC Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This Ask the Expert session would like to hear your questions about the TCE program and also take notice how you might like to engage with TCE in the future.

At EMC, Total Customer Experience (TCE) is more than just a phrase. It is a way of thinking and it is also an entire department dedicated to collecting and acting on your feedback. It is that feedback that allows us to engage with you seamlessly in the 3rd platform.

• We use big data to predict when you will need more storage and determine your satisfaction with an engagement without asking for a survey
  • We are leveraging your social media voice to understand your thoughts on our current products and to build our next generation.
  • We are also building a Cloud like experience by consolidating all of your feedback.  Whether you engaged via social, mobile, survey, or direct with a representative, your voice will reach the right person.
  • Our social and survey platforms are Mobile ready and we offer a support mobile app so you engage whenever and wherever you need to

Your Hosts:

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=5623&size=350

Twitter: @petahhunt     

Peter Hunt is currently a Director in the CS Innovation group within EMC's Global Services organization. A professional with over 30 years' experience in Technical Support and consulting, Peter has been with EMC for 8 years. During 2010-2011 Peter managed the Live Chat program globally for EMC's Customer Support Services organization, and in 2011-2013 Peter led the development of the EMC Support mobile app for iPhone and Android platforms.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10236&size=350

Twitter: @bradb555

Brad Barker is a Business Operations Consultant with EMC’s Total Customer Experience organization. He is responsible for EMC Customer Experience (CX) programs which won the 2013 TSIA Award for Innovation in CX and have been recognized by winning the prestigious Tempkin Customer Experience Excellence and Omega NorthFace awards for demonstrated distinction in customer listening and loyalty programs.

profile-image-display.jspa?imageID=10361&size=350

Twitter: @murphease

Shawn Murphy is a the Director of Global Quality. He has been engaged in a wide range of high tech roles for nearly 20 years. Today, using his strategic planning, execution and people skills he is committed to the Total Customer Experience (TCE) through product quality, measurement and program excellence. As a Quality Lead for EMC’s TCE team he drives direction of quality, customer experience, and efficiencies through business strategy and requirements. Shawn has created a model which defines and deploys Corporate Quality value and innovation – based on best practices and internal and external voice of customer, field and partner.

This discussion begins on April 21 and concludes on May 16. Get ready by following this page to receive updates in your activity stream or through email.

Explorer Reward Strip_Enabled.png Recognition Bonus: Get an exclusive badge! Engagement in this Ask the Expert session automatically earns you a badge for the current TCE Mission [https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-34682]. Comments and questions earn you one badge, and video posts earn you both the TCE Mission badge and an additional badge as part of the Video Mission.

Share this event on Twitter:

>> Join the next Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE http://bit.ly/1eGfGNZ 4/21 - 5/16 #EMCATE <<

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 24th, 2014 11:00

Hello Hrvoje,

IDC has characterized the 3rd platform as the biggest wave and disruption to the tech field in decades. I think its about embracing the new way businesses are run i.e. cloud infrastructures, social & mobile apps, massive amounts of data, etc. EMC is committed to providing a path to the 3rd platform for its customers. When we loook at the EMC Federation you've got Pivotal developing apps specifically for the cloud, VMware has gone beyond virtualizing the just server, and EMC is doing more with Flash storage and software defined storage (ViPR). In my opinion, with these products in mind EMC is very much partcipating in what the 3rd platform will look like for years to come.

Thanks for the question,

Shawn

April 24th, 2014 12:00

Peter

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I would vote for Chat to be incorporated into EMC Support; similar to something like "Lync" - if EMC can incorporate it into the tool, so that if we login, say, while on the bus, and want to open a SR, I would just go Live on chat and type a few (think 140 characters or less) and open a SR - that would save time, and then I can pass it on to another team member and then EMC can pass it on internally as required, but the main base has been set up - so to speak.

I think Chat provides a more 'human' interaction to any part of Support, and apart from being tech leader, one of the main things that EMC has been able to stand on for far long is with the use because of your Support representatives. This would add another dimension to the whole experience.

HTH.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

April 29th, 2014 06:00

Hi there,

although I'm not seeing any problems with the chat myself, I noticed that several colleagues of mine sometimes want to start a chat and they notice the chat isn't initiated at all. The SR is created, but there's no chat. Since it is working for me, I'm quite convinced it's a browser issue. Would it be possible somehow to have a dedicated chat application on your pc/laptop/Macbook to it won't be browser dependent?

Other than that I agree that having 21% of all people actually respond to a survey is rather low, I'd say. Like AK (akc5247) said I almost always fill out these forms, as it can only make things better. 100% is not possible, I'm aware of that, but getting this number doubled somehow by making the survey more appealing would be great, right? Why don't you reward people for filling out these things by giving them, let's say, an ipad or so?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

I'm surprised to see number being high as 21%   To be more precise, in past few years I have had many survey offers (including those from EMC).  While I take those that I can contribute with my opinion as I find it relevant (like, I'm really really using that) or I just love product service, they all tend to promise couple of questions which autoshapes itself based on answers and it turns out to be almost neverending story at the end.  My issue with such approach is that I take them in my free time so if it says 5 minutes, then I do not want to waste more than 5 minutes.  The fact that I have to plan time for survey is kind of turn down and I have seen myself reacting by simply closing the browser tab with survey as soon as first sign of such autoshaped survey would appear (even though it might not be so bad at all at the end).  And, famous last words, I know I'm not the only one.

28 Posts

I am surprised that the number is 21% as well. Maybe the old ones have high percent but I don't think that the new ones are that popular, but maybe this is only my opinion, I might be wrong

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

April 29th, 2014 07:00

I'm just speaking of myself: I take almost all surveys, so if all people would do that, the number would be 50-80% or something. Now only 1 in 5 people actually finishes the surveys. Can you somehow see how many people start a survey and how many actually end it?

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

April 29th, 2014 08:00

I feel for you, bro.

But I must say I don't get that many surveys anymore. Every once in a while I see one popping up and I fill it out (or does my spam filter block them? I'm not sure here )

2.1K Posts

I agree that the low numbers are not surprising. It used to be that I would get a survey request every once in a while for some significant service activity and I would usually respond to them. For the past year (or maybe a bit more) I get one almost every time a drive is replaced in our environment (many times a month because we have many thousands of drives deployed). I don't have time to spend on rating the tech service for every drive replacement... especially considering I usually have very little interaction with the tech beyond setting up secure site access. They come in and do their thing and leave.

Because I get so many of these, the ones that might have been valuable often get lost in the shuffle.

90 Posts

Thanks for the great conversations around surveys.

According to industry survey vendors 21% is actually a good response compared to the norm.  However this rate is for our support survey.  We also have others like the Product Use survey that are below 15%.  We would love to boost that number.  As RRR mentioned more responses can only help.

We don't want to overwhelm you though.  We have "anti-fatigue" rules in place so that you shouldn't be getting one for every SR unless you only open one a month.

We do track our take time and our survey drop points on partially completed surveys.  We try and make adjustments to 1) Make the survey a palatable length and 2)put the questions you want to answer up front.

Since this appears to be a popular topic would you like us to create a persistent discussion on Your Support Experience where you could suggest improvements?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

i would like to "initiate" a request for a survey. Sometimes i get excellent service either from the field guys or from a ticket owner and i would like provide positive feedback.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

April 29th, 2014 09:00

ANd so I did on several occasions!

2K Posts

April 29th, 2014 09:00

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

April 29th, 2014 10:00

Ian Anderson wrote:

No need to wait for a survey, at least for remote support. You can always send feedback to their manager directly. The standard support signature block includes the name and e-mail address of their direct manager.

maybe in your organization, not when i work with VNX, Isilon, Centera.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 29th, 2014 10:00

Paul Young wrote:

We have "anti-fatigue" rules in place so that you shouldn't be getting one for every SR unless you only open one a month.

How do you track end-customer feelings when support goes over partner?  Is that possible at all?  I know that sometimes single SR by EMC partner is opened for several customers and their "experience" might not be the same (and let's be honest, most of the time these partners are system integrators who tend to do copy&paste of what EMC told them and in many cases they do not hide that).  While I understand that survey can be done for the one you support (partner in this specific case), I wonder if you plan to have something where you can evaluate how this looks from end-customer perspective when dealing with partner as stepping stone in support process - is there such survey planned?

2 Intern

• 

718 Posts

April 29th, 2014 11:00

Great discussion, everyone! Help us promote this debate. Please, share the following tweet:

Discussing NOW! Ask the Expert: Creating the 3rd Platform Customer Experience with EMC TCE http://bit.ly/1eGfGNZ 4/21 - 5/16 #EMCATE

Thanks!

No Events found!