Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2013 09:00

Ask the Expert: VPLEX and RecoverPoint – What’s New?

YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED ON THESE ATE EVENTS...

Ask the Expert: RecoverPoint for Virtual Machine 4.3 SP1

Ask the Expert: Continuous Availability for Mission Critical Apps, VMware & Oracle Environments

https://community.emc.com/message/937308#937308

Join our experts as they discuss what’s new with VPLEX and RecoverPoint this quarter! At a high level...

With Tuesday's announcements, we are adding VPLEX features to extend VMware integration, infrastructure features to increase VPLEX and network performance and utilization along with new management capabilities for reporting and performance metrics.

RecoverPoint 4.0 is a huge step forward, bringing affordable tier-1 data protection to the Midrange with the introduction of the virtual RecoverPoint Appliance (vRPA) reducing the total solution cost for VNX customers by up-to 60%. And RecoverPoint is now easier to manage for all customers, large and small. A new graphical user interface is designed to work like Unisphere and make it easier to protect more data with less effort.

Your hosts:

ashish-ATE.PNG.png

Ashish Palekar

Ashish is a 10 year veteran at EMC as a developer, manager, and currently is a product manager. You can also follow him on twitter

@logicalblock.

Steve+Breault.jpg

Steve Breault

Steve is a Principal Product Manager for EMC  focused on  VPLEX since 2010.   Steve has 15 years + in the storage industry.  He is a BSEE and has an MBA.  He has a focused interest in Cloud Computing, Business Continuity, Data Protection and all things VPLEX!

This event begins on April  30th, 2013, and the discussion will be opened then for questions. Ashish and Steve will then be taking your questions then until May 14th. Book mark or subscribe to this discussion to ensure you don't miss it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 20th, 2013 12:00

Thanks Yossi,

Please clear that on FAQ. Nothing of this is specified.

Regards,

Sandro

Inviato da iPad

Il giorno 20/mag/2013, alle ore 21:04, "Yossi Saad" > ha scritto:

ECN

Ask the Expert: VPLEX and RecoverPoint – What’s New?

reply from Yossi Saad in Ask the Expert - View the full discussion

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 20th, 2013 12:00

To use the multi-site capability for RecoverPoint 4.0 you need to have RecoverPoint/EX or RecoverPoint/CL license. The RecoverPoint/SE license only supports one VNX/CX replicating to one VNX/CX, and does not support multi-site nor multiple arrays.

Yossi

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2013 19:00

Hi,

what kind of protection can I consider when using vRPA ?  dedicated datastore? we have best practices guide to ensure availability or consistency? regards

13 Posts

November 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi,

Can I know whether Vplex works with IBM mainframe (attached to Vmax) ? If yes how does it works, whats is the procedure in virtualizing the mainframe? Is it same as open systems or different? Does anyone have any documentation on it? Please let me know..

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 20th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

We have a customer in Brazil using z/VM 6.2 Linux (IBM z196) with VMAX40K virtualized under VPLEX.

I will check with solution architect responsible by the implementation… but I remember that Gail Riley helped a lot.

Regards

Romulo Gelinger Maciel

Sr. Technology Consultant

Phone: 55-51-3378-1011

Cel: 55-51-9123-4413

Email: romulo.maciel@emc.com

http://www.emc.com

September 4th, 2015 07:00

Hello Expert ,

Its been more than two years when we had VPLEX - Ask the expert , shouldn't we have new one .

Br

Ravi

No Events found!