Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2013 12:00

Dell MPIO question

hi there,

We have an win2012 server with the equallogic HIT kit version 4.5 installed.

I've noticed that all iSCSI communication is going over one adaptor (10.30.0.133) the other adaptor isn't used at all (see pic).

I have tested pinging the second adaptor from the equallogic which works so I don't think there is a network problem.

Should the iSCSI traffic be split across both adaptors for the best performance? There have been reports of poor performace on this server.

Thanks,

Huw

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 16th, 2013 12:00

Please open a support case to resolve this.   A review of the diags and server logs will be needed.

Regards,

May 16th, 2013 13:00

I've seen this happen a few times in the past with both 2008 R2 and 2012, and have resolved it using a couple of different methods.

The first and least disruptive is to disable the interface that the traffic is currently going over to force a failover to the second adapter.  After traffic is going over the second adapter, bring the first back online and traffic will balance across the two.  Can't offer a real explanation for why it works, just that it has in all but two instances.

The two times the above method hasn't worked, what I ended up doing was removing the iSCSI configuration, completely uninstalling the HIT Kit, rebooting, and then doing a reinstall and configuration.

124 Posts

May 17th, 2013 05:00

Thanks for your responses guys. I'll try disabling the adaptor on the weekend when I can get some downtime. Failing that will log a support call.

Cheers for your help.

-H

No Events found!