Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2012 15:00

Error: MSiSCSI_TCPIPConfig instance not processed. Error code = 8007065d

I'm trying to troubleshoot performance issues on 2 of my 3 Hyper-V hosts. On these hosts, in the EQLTrace.log file, I'm receiving these errors every 4 minutes:

Line 392085: 02Aug12:13:17:04.352|SNMP|2332|8752||***ERR***:CWbemQuery::read:146:MSiSCSI_TCPIPConfig instance not processed. Error code = 8007065d
    Line 393021: 02Aug12:13:21:03.673|SNMP|2332|8752||***ERR***:CWbemQuery::Get_Address:394:type is 3 (not IPV4)

I've searched for the error code, but can't find anything relating to it and MSiSCSI_TCPIPConfig.

According to the Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator Version 2.x Users Guide, this is what the MSiSCSI_TCPIPConfig is:

MSiSCSI_TCPIPConfig – HBA initiator only, TCP/IP configuration class.  This describes and allows configuration of the TCP/IP parameters

I'm not receiving this error message on my third Hyper-V host

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 11:00

Regarding the eqltrace.log ability to know if a HW or SW initiator is being used by the host,  no, not that I am away of.

The Broadcom driver you listed is old, the newest one is v7.2.1 (www.broadcom.com/.../netxtremeii.php)

Also make sure you are not doing any type of NIC teaming, you need to configure the iSCSI initiator to use the HW (target properties>add session> advanced, select the HW instance).

I have also attached a document for the Broadcom setting.

-joe

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

729 Posts

August 3rd, 2012 07:00

Are you using a HW HBA?  If so list the make/model.

-joe

August 3rd, 2012 09:00

I've also noticed that, in the EqlTrace.log file, that all of the Broadcom adapters found in the JOB_TYPE_ADAPTER_RESCAN job are being excluded as per the "Excluding unconfigured adapters" section. So, to me, it looks like that it's using the software iSCSI HBA. Is there something I can check in the EqlTrace.log to confirm this?

August 3rd, 2012 09:00

We are using a HW HBA. It's the Broadcom NetXtreme II C-NIC iSCSI Adapter (Broadcom BCM5709C NetXtreme II GigE (NDIS VBD Client) #57. The driver version for the NIC is 6.2.9.0. Driver Date is 2/4/2011.

The NIC information is the same for both of our problematic Hyper-V hosts.

Additionally, I've looked through the EqlTrace.log file and I noticed something interesting: all of the Broadcom iSCSI adapters have a value of 0 for MaxConnectionsPerInitiator and MaxConnectionsPerAdapterPort. However, the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator has a value of 248 for both. Is this correct? Should the Broadcom iSCSI adapters have values for these parameters?

August 3rd, 2012 12:00

Thanks Joe. I'm gonna try to get those drivers updated over the weekend. Hopefully, after doing that, then confirming the iSCSI initiator, that should resolve our performance problems.

No Events found!