Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2012 07:00

MD3620I iSCSI iBFT performance

Hello all,

I recently setup iBFT using RHEL 6 64-bit (Dell R610) and an MD3620i w/ dual 10Gb controllers (downgraded to 1Gb).  I have set up 2 paths to the MD and configured MPIO according to the docs I've found online and through forums.  The connection is stable and everything appears to be configured properly.  What I'm concerned with is that I am only getting about 25 - 40 MB/s of throughput to the MD.  At this point my test server is the only thing using the MD.  I should be seeing closer to 100MB/s (125MB/s if the connection was working absolutely efficiently).  I'd be happy at around 100 to 110 MB/s (approx 80-85%).  Are there configuration options I can use to improve performance?  TS tips?

Thanks,
Nate

685 Posts

May 29th, 2012 10:00

Natrbrazell,

I have a couple questions to better help me understand your current configuration. The first would be what all are you running on that system that you are booting from the SAN? Also an FYI when doing a boot from SAN it is recommended to use a hardware initiator and only have a single connection as you want that that connection to stay up at all times instead of going back and forth from one session to another. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you on this issue.

No Events found!