Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2014 11:00

New PV MD3660f

I just had a new MD3660f delivered to my COLO and I have dell support contracted for 2 parts 1st to install it and 2nd to configure it. I have never seen or configured this before so that's why I got the support.  I see it shipped with

2 ASSEMBLY, ENCLOSURE, CONTROLLER, FIBER CHANNEL, MD3660F, 4GB  and

4 Assembly, Transceiver, Small Form Factor Pluggable, FC8, 8G, MD36XXF

I physically have 2 fiber channel switches, at the location.  Do I have Controller 1 plug into switch 1 and 2 and controller 2 plug also into switch 1 and 2.  then just have each controllers management port plug into my normal network switch. 

I'm just a little confused on what to have the installer do so that way I don't waist time with it comes to the configuring part.

Thanks in advance.

• 

6.9K Posts

September 10th, 2014 14:00

Hello JonCHPK,

Here is a link to the configuration guide & the deployment guide for your MD3660f. If you look at page 15 of the Dell PowerVault MD Series Fibre Channel Storage Array

Configuring Fibre Channel With Dell MD3600f/3620f/MD3660f Series Storage Arrays it shows you how you would want to cable the MD using 2 switches.

MD Series Fibre Channel Storage Array Configuring Fibre Channel With Dell MD3600f/3620f/MD3660f Series Storage Arrays

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-md3600f_Setup%20Guide4_en-us.pdf

Deployment Guide

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-md3660f_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!