Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2015 14:00

SANHQ 3.1 Install Problems

I cant get 3.1 to install on 2012R2 because it tries unsuccessfully to install .NET 4.5 which is already installed. Is anyone having this problem and/or did you get past it?

1 Message

April 12th, 2016 03:00

Thanks to Dell EQl support for explaining this:

The version check for .NET 4.5 in the SAN HQ installer is buggy. The workaround is:

- unpack the SANHQ installer exe (7-zip can do that)

- there is a file  „.rsrc\FILE\40008“ which is the actual installer and about 65MB large

- rename this file to something with .exe and installation execute to install SAN HQ

- make sure .NET 4.5 or higher is installed (latest version available at time of this post seemed to work)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hello,

I would uninstall the version of NET 4.5 you have and let SANHQ install the one it carries. 

Regards,

Don

August 18th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Sorry but that's not a solution.

SAN HQ asks for .Net 4.5 or later version, so .Net 4.5.2 and .Net 4.6 are later version.

I won't reinstall .Net just because SAN HQ thinks that I don't have it.

This needs to be fixed on a new update.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

I agree with Vandreytrindade, to suggest uninstalling a pre-requisite is a silly idea. If the installer can not handle this, then Dell need to go back to the drawing board.

Regards

Jason

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 19th, 2015 17:00

Hello,

I don't disagree, but it was a suggested action to see if you could get it to install in the meantime. Instead of waiting until a new version is released.

Anyone experiencing this problem should open a support case with Dell.

Regards,

Don

1 Rookie

• 

84 Posts

August 20th, 2015 06:00

1 Rookie

• 

84 Posts

September 18th, 2015 09:00

I have a solution/workaround. I found this out last night working with a consultant on another application and had the same problem. Since I patch all my servers before adding applications the .NET was updated to 4.6 and the installer is looking for 4.5. I just built a new server and did not patch it and was able to install the new version of SANHQ.

October 12th, 2015 08:00

I used Process Monitor to identify the registry key it was checking for the version on install.  I found that it was looking at the following key.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client\Version

Mine was 4.6.00081.  I looked on a computer that only had 4.5 and the version was 4.5.51209.  I plugged in the 4.5.x version value, ran the setup then changed it back to the 4.6.x value after it was finished.  Worked like a charm.

October 15th, 2015 08:00

Great workaround by BRAD-OVERSTREET!

Thanks!

1 Message

February 4th, 2016 09:00

how do you modify this value? the registry doesn't let you do it.

February 4th, 2016 09:00

DellKID,

Download this version of SANHQ: 2.6

Install it, it will download the latest version of SANHQ without problems. =]

February 11th, 2016 18:00

Well I had the same issue. 

Ended up installing 2.6, but it doesn`t download 3.6 the latest version. 

I tried with 3 different versions and they still try to install .Net 4.5.

I`ve tried the registry modification and did not worked. 

Any other options? Is Dell working on a fix?

February 12th, 2016 04:00

Jeremy Phoenix,

Hi! What problem are you having with the 2.6 version installation?

I tested here on a Windows 10 virtual machine the instalattion of 3.1 version, and the .NET pre requirement appeared. Then I tried to install the 2.6 version and it started normally.

The funny thing is that it doesn't asked to download the new version any more.

February 14th, 2016 20:00

I have a 2012R2 server and the latest version of SANHQ - 3.1 I think - askes to install .net 4.5 cause the version installed it`s not at leat that. But the version is 4.6.X. I`ve tried the regedit fix but did not worked. 

2.6 works fine, just wanted the lates version installed, that`s it. 

1 Message

February 15th, 2016 09:00

You can either install SANHQ before patching windows so .Net is still at v4.5

If it's already been graded then uninstalling the Windows Updates to DotNet 4.6 works...

Go in to Windows Updates and review the update history, note the KBs for .Net 4.6 - (I won't list them here, because the KB numbers will change as the updates get superseded.)

Go in to programs and features and uninstall the relivent KBs

Reboot is required

Check the Reg Key listed previously in this thread and it should have dropped back to 4.5.xxx, then SANHQ should install

No Events found!