Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2011 01:00

Replication manager

Hi

We have several VNX IE's that we need to train to install replication manager..

The Elearning modules that are available are not Good enough for our purpose,

WE have already taken those, and also the training available for Velocity partners...

There is a 5 day Replication manager workshop, but this is centered around replication manager version 5.2.1, which was released in febuary 2009, and there has been major changes since then, both in licensing, capabilities and so on...

So how can we get our IE's qualified to install and implement the NEWEST versions of Replication manager

Thanks

Jim

Community Manager

• 

25 Posts

December 9th, 2011 07:00

Jim,

The Replication Manager Workshop course has been undergoing updates for the new VNX platform. It will be released in January 2012, with the first delivery date of 1/23-27 in Chicago, IL.  All subsequest deliveries will be the new version of the course after the initial January delivery.  We are also working to make the course availabe as a Video ILT for those who are not able to attend a live instructor led course. No date has been set for the release of the video as of yet due to scheduling. The updated content of the course will cover the following areas:

• Install Replication Manager software
  • Configure a Replication Manager environment
  • Perform administrative and configuration functions using Replication Manager software
  • Perform operational functions using Replication Manager software
  • Utilize the Replication Manager Command Line Interface
  • Perform administration, configuration and operations on VMWare hosts using Replication Manager software
  • Explain replication using Symmetrix/VMAX, CLARiiON/VNX, and Celerra arrays
  • Explain Integration points with RecoverPoint
  • Perform basic troubleshooting in a Replication Manager environment

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if there is additional information you require.

Edward Bell

212 Posts

December 12th, 2011 00:00

Hi Ed.

That i s great news.

We're looking forward to hear the release date for the VILT's

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Community Manager

• 

25 Posts

December 12th, 2011 04:00

Jim,

I will have the availability timeframe posted on the community once we have finalized our recording schedule. In the meantime, the ILTs will be available.

Ed

No Events found!