Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

October 10th, 2008 14:00

1525 laptop. OS-Vista QFE Home basic SP1 - No sound

With Dell Suport Center Alerts I tried to update the audio device and I found out that I have no sound at all. When I use Michrofone test with Skype it is dead, no sound at all.

But on Control Panel-Sound-

Playback-  Speakers(HDAD) working

Recordind - Microphone (High Definitio  Audio Device)  also working.

Please HELP

1 Message

October 10th, 2008 21:00

Me too not happy with the sound quality of 1525. It is too feeble.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 11th, 2008 11:00

"With Dell Suport Center Alerts I tried to update the audio device and I found out that I have no sound at all."

I can't think of what that was about, because there is only 1 Vista Sigmatel driver available for the 1525 -- the initial release (R170217  v.6.10.0.5614, A02 ) -- so there is nothing to update you to. Did you recently reinstall Vista?

If not, try using System Restore to undo whatever the update did. If that doesn't work check for a virus in case the update was bogus.

Jim 

4 Posts

October 12th, 2008 03:00

Yes I did reinstoll system , but insted microphone Array  now I just have High definition.So is that the same device? Now my sound has came back but is very bed, hadly to hear enything.

Is there any way to improve it. What to do next?

Thanks.

Ljilja

4 Posts

October 12th, 2008 09:00

I started the computer the next morning and microphone didn't work again.

I need help, realy.

Ljilja

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 12th, 2008 11:00

Ljilja, you wrote "Yes I did reinstoll system..."

After you perform a re-installation of the operating system, the drivers have to be installed in a certain order for the audio to work.

First try to delete the Sigmatel audio driver files from your computer to ensure a clean new driver installation. Go to the Computer> Uninstall or Change a Program and remove the current "Sigmatel" if it is listed there.

If Sigmatel is not listed there, go to your hard drive
 c:\Dell\Drivers\R170217. Only delete the folder whose 'R' names corresponds to the Sigmatel driver.  If you don't find it then skip this step.

Next download and install a new audio driver from the 1525 driver downloads page. When you open that page first check the operating system dropdown box and make sure that Vista is selected.

Next follow this order of installation:

a. Install Dell Notebook System Software (on your downloads page expand the System Utilities category). Restart.

b. Next install the Intel Mobile Chipset driver (expand the Chipset category). Restart.

c. Install the Sigmatel audio driver (expand the Audio category).

With any luck that will get your audio system working properly again. If it does then next we will try to get the mic to work.

Jim

4 Posts

October 13th, 2008 02:00

"ExitError:Error=Device Object not present,restart the system and run setup again"

This messsage appears.

Still -NO SOUND-

Thanks ,Ljilja

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 13th, 2008 11:00

Ljilja, you wrote "Yes I did reinstoll system..."

Did you use the Factory Image Restore? That is an image of your original system configuration exactly as it was shipped to you. If so, that would have fixed the audio, but then a Microsoft update could have messed it up. I would use Factory Image Restore again to get everything straightened out, but then afterwards not let Microsoft install any updates pertaining to audio.

Jim 

No Events found!